Monday, September 21, 2015

Cookie's Fashion Empire

Recently, Empire, the wildly new popular show on Fox was filming in our 
neighborhood of West Town, Chicago. Lucky me! I got a chance to meet Terrence Howard who stars as Lucious Lyon. He was so handsome in real life as well as a total gentleman. I asked him if he had a minute to take a picture.

Unfortunately for me, my IPhone storage was full! Luckily, a customer got to take the picture on her phone. As soon as I get the photo from her, I will make sure to post it on the blog.

With all the Empire action going on in our neighborhood and also being a super-fan of the show, I decided to dedicate this blog to my favorite looks on Cookie, the main, fashion-fueled matriarch on Empire.

I was spellbound last year with the fashion styled by Rita McGhee. Taraji Henson aka the character Cookie had taken the fashion threshold to the next level and McGhee's styling equally matches Cookie's fierce, bold personality dressing her in bold animal inspired prints, chic body-con dresses, plush furs and awe dropping, statement jewelry pieces.

Last season as her character grew more bold in the boardroom, so did her wardrobe. Here are a few of my favorite looks from last season. 

Zebra and sequined gown by Balmain.

Bold patterned BCBG peplum top with leather leggings.




A pop a bright colored fur stole and body conscious dress.

A vintage inspired, leopard print jumpsuit with a Chanel statement necklace.

We will be watching this Wednesday, September 23rd as Season Two begins. To find out more about this show go to http://www.fox.com/empire.

Congrats to the show for three Emmy nods last night. Hopefully next year the stars and stylist of this show will receive a much deserved Emmy!

Ciao for now!
XO
Christine

Pictures courtesy of Fox TV.

 



0 comments:

Post a Comment